- Closing Date: 04:00PM Thursday, 03 November, 2022
JOB TITLE: Procurement Officer
REPORTS TO: Procurement Coordinator
Purpose and Scope of role
The Procurement Officer will be directly report to the Procurement Coordinator and assist in activities of the procurement unit and provide link between all departments including provinces across Solomon Water.
- Assist the Procurement Coordinator to efficiently manage the Procurement division
- Following all procurement practices and activities in accordance with Solomon Water’s Procurement Policy
- Assist with logistics activities included in inventory and physical verifications of stock and records
- Assist with RFQ’s and evaluations
- Responsible for administration within procurement, including, but not limited to raising draft Purchase Orders, scanning and filing all documentation, following up with suppliers and contractors, data entry, raising, tracking and filing financial requests
- Assistance with ‘peer-review’ of documentation as required
- Contribute to the development of the overall procurement planning and innovation
- Reporting to supervisor issues and opportunities
- Ability to identify potential procurement risks and provide suggestions on the mitigation of those risks
- Ensuring all relevant procurement documents are filed and referenced
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT AND BUDGETING
- Assist the Coordinator in the units planning and budgeting
- Involve in weekly, monthly and yearly planning of workload
- Assist the procurement coordinator in yearly estimates and budgets
- Liaise closely with Finance, especially around donor transactions
- Assisting in procurement activities such as RFQ’s and tenders as required
- Assistance in processing of shipments and clearance through customs and ports and ensuring items are cleared on time
- Ensuring all documentation is complete and accurate and complies to procurement requirements
- Liaise with other SW employees to deliver requirements as needed
- Ensure all payments are completed on time and to a high level of accuracy on donor system in particular, and take a pro-active approach in relation to internal and external stakeholders
- Undertake additional tasks, duties or responsibilities as directed by the Procurement Coordinator
Qualification and Education
- Diploma in Finance or related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work commercial experience
- Experience in similar role would be an advantage
- Experience in international donor related procurement would be highly regarded
- Ability to work with minimum supervision effectively and efficiently (multitasking)
- Work with accounting software and Microsoft Office (including Excel and Word)
- The ability and enthusiasm to contribute actively as a member of SW team
- Proactive and professional
- Attention to detail
This role will support standardisation and efficiencies and as such will:
- Operate efficiently and effectively
- Identify and deliver on process improvements to create efficiencies and reduce costs
Applications close at 4:30pm on Thursday 3rd November 2022 so hurry and apply if you have the skills and experience we need.
Chief Executive Officer (CEO)
PO. Box 1407
Honiara, Solomon Islands.
NOTE: ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.
IMPORTANT: INTERESTED APPLICANTS MUST ENSURE THAT THEY ARE VACCINATED AND MUST PROVIDE THEIR VACCINATION CARDS BEFORE THE INTERVIEW.