Solomon Water is the State Owned Enterprise mandated by the Solomon Islands Government to provide for the proper management and development of urban water resources and sewerage services in Solomon Islands. SW provides water services in Honiara (current population 100,000) and the smaller provincial centres of Noro, Tulagi and Auki. SW also provides sewer services in Honiara. Under its 30 Year strategic plan SW will increase its water supply coverage from 55% currently to 95% and its sewerage coverage from 10% currently to 30% of the greater Honiara population by 2047.
It is implementing the Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Sector Project (UWSSSP) co-funded by ADB, World Bank and the EU. The US$ 98m project commenced in 2019 and runs to 2027.
Details of the UWSSSP project can be found on the following websites:
Solomon Water is now soliciting applications for the position of Senior Project Manager (SPM) within the SW PMU to join the team.
Applications MUST be made through the ADB CMS website:
If not already registered with ADB CMS applicants must register as an Individual Consultant at the above CMS webpage. Initial registration with ADB CMS can take up to several days and applicants who are new to CMS should allow time for this before the application closing deadline.
Applicants should note the following:
- Online interviews for shortlisted candidates are planned to be held during the week starting Monday 3rd April 2023.
- Onsite face to face interviews in Honiara will be held with the top 2 ranked candidates during the week 17th to 21st April 2023.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Senior Project Manager will take a leading role in the SW Project Management Unit that is managing all SW capital investment projects (UWSSSP-funded and other projects funded by other agencies).
In addition to the project management role the SPM will mentor and support other members of the PMU developing their technical, project management, administration and supervision capabilities and provide support to SW mechanical/electrical operations teams.
- Effective Management and supervision of SW Capital projects.
- Support to the development and implementation of project management processes, tools and systems.
- Provide technical support and technical water and wastewater advice to SW PMU and Operations teams;
- Supervise design works for water and waste water assets; Undertake construction works management, liaison with development partner donors on potential funding programs, reporting requirements and any other requirements associated with receipt of donor funds.
- Support the Head of PMU to oversee and coordinate the tender and procurement processes for donor funded major and priority projects. Ensure full compliance with all donor requirements.
- Effectively manage SW staff resources to achieve program requirements and deliver design and construction projects on time and to budget.
- Manage and report on project safeguards and governance controls.
- Maintain strong relationships with donor organisations and key stakeholders, through the development and implementation of a stakeholder engagement and management plans.
- Support knowledge transfer and the training and development of local PMU and SW Operations staff.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
The Senior Project Manager will have a degree or equivalent qualification in an engineering discipline from a recognized institution. The applicant must have at least 10 years of work experience in project management of water and/or wastewater construction projects and should have experience and understanding of specifications, operations and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment used with water and wastewater infrastructure. Experience in a developing country environment would be advantageous.
Applicants should provide the names and contact details of two referees. References will be contacted prior to final interviews.
As defined by the Head of PMU and/or the CEO of Solomon Water.